Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happiness is a Chit Chat

Back again after an inappropriately long hiatus.
Still in NZ. 
But not working.
YES!
I have purchased a van with a 'rebuilt' engine and a 'warranty'......
I quote these things because the 'kiwi-as' man that I bought the van from claimed both of these things. Whilst telling me that the van has a good bid (bed).
She ain't pretty but she purrs like a kitty. So I named her Kitty. Kitty is a bit banged up, for example the grotesquely large dent just behind the driver side door. It looks like someone in a large truck with a snowplow attached to the front hit Kitty at a ninety degree angle.
The two roll down windows don't really roll up COMPLETELY you see, but it would really only be a huge devastating problem when and if the rain decided to rain from the ground up and I drove in reverse everywhere.
Which may have happened in a dream I had last night.
My dreams have been weird lately, well my whole life really. I attribute it to having the nasty habit of eating sugary sweets before bed.  It's the only consistent thing that I do that could explain this recurring phenomenon.
Lately I have been eating naughty stuff in the morning too, which sets the tone for a naughty eating day, but its so hard since I have discovered the most amazing thing the whole world. Well, in New Zealand anyway.
Its a little somethin' called a Chit Chat. Which is a rectangular three tiered chocolate covered cookie. But its no ordinary cookie my friends. Its magical!
The most delicious way to consume a Chit Chat is with a cup of coffee. But there is a very special technique that must be used or it is really sacreligious not to marry the two in a glorious culinary masterpiece. 
What you do is this......
Start by making yourself a wickedly steamy cup of good coffee, however you like it.  My personal favorite is with a smidge of Baileys. Well more than a smidge. Which brings me back to the naughty start to the day. Which is a dangerously viscious everlasting circle. But anyway....
Prepare yourself by placing a Chit Chat next to your chosen cup of coffee.  Seat yourself comfortably in front of aforementioned items. Dip ever so slightly and cautiously one side of the Chit Chat (which is the shape of a rounded rectangle) into the coffee for five seconds.  Remove from coffee and bite off the end. Repeat process on the other end of Chit Chat. Now you have made the proper preparations for the most amazing sweet sensation of your life....Get ready......
Now place one bitten end of the Chit Chat in your mouth and dip the other end gently into the coffee.  Now you are ready to use the Chit Chat as a coffee straw.  Suck the coffee through, yes THROUGH the Chit Chat until you feel the sensation to stop. You will know when this is because the Chit Chat becomes soggyish and unable to be manipulated further as a straw.  At this precise moment, shove the entire remaining Chit Chat in your mouth and feel free to moan in ecstasy as the most amazingly delightful chocolate coffee explosion fills your mouth. It's intense.  One of the masters of the Chit Chat ritual actually hugs himself afterwards. Yes, it IS that good.
The most important thing to remember when dining on Chit Chats in this fashion is to be extremely careful not to bite off too much off each end of the Chit Chat, therefore rendering your 'straw' useless. One would not be able to utilize the 'straw' in its full potential capacity, which is, in essence, the whole point of the process.
The only problem that I have with Chit Chats so far is that they only sell them in single serving sizes.  What I mean is, a day supply.  Eleven cookies is, in my frugal opinion, not even close to enough cookies ('servings') to put in a package. So what ends up happening is they get consumed unabashedly until they are gone, which is usually an embarrassingly small amount of time.  Eleven cookies? Really?  Who hasn't had eleven Oreos in a day before?  Anybody?  Ok nevermind, I will return to my utopia now....


1 comment:

  1. Sounds decadent. Very funny. I hope you bring some home for us to taste.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete